practice (plural practices)
- Repetition of an activity to improve skill.
- He will need lots of practice with those lines before he performs them.
- The ongoing pursuit of a craft or profession, particularly in medicine or the fine arts.
- She ran a thriving medical practice.
- The observance of religious duties which a Church requires of its members.
- A customary action, habit, or behavior; a manner or routine.
- It is the usual practice of employees there to wear neckties only when meeting with customers.
- It is good practice to check each door and window before leaving.
- Actual operation or experiment, in contrast to theory.
- That may work in theory, but will it work in practice?